So here is the recipe of these wonderful biscotti. I made another batch last night with my little sister. I got the recipe from Martha Stewart, though slightly altered. Here it is:
1/2 c dried cranberries
1/2 c boiling water
2 1/2 c all purpose flour
1/2 c whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp soften butter
1/2 c white sugar, plus more for sprinkling
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
3 large eggs, plus one egg lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cold brewed coffee
1/2 c mix of roughly and fine chop unsalted pistachios
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the cranberries is a small bowl with the boiling water, set aside for 15 minute
s. Drain, ans set aside.
3. In a bowl shift flours, salt, and baking powder.
4. In another bowl cream together the butter and the sugars together. Add the eggs (only three), one at a time. Then mix in the vanilla and the coffee.
5. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet
ingredients, in small batches.
6. Fold in the pistachios and the cranberries. In a floured surface, turn out the dough. Knead to incorporate the pistachio and cranberries better.
7. Divide the dough in half and make two logs of equal size (about 16x2 inches). Place onto the baking sheet. With the palm of your hand gently press down, flattening the logs. Brush the logs with the beaten egg. Sprinkle generously with sugar.
8. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch ( remember to rotate the baking pan halfway through).
9. Place to cool in a cooling rack for 15 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 300 F.
10. Cut the logs into 1/2 inches slices. Place in a greased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn off oven and let the biscotti in for 15 minutes. Then bring out of the oven and enjoy.