Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blueberry pancakes

Basically this whole week I have been cooking and baking a lot, cause what else can you do when you don't have a job and there are no places to go when it is raining. The only reason I have not posted the recipes is that I haven't uploaded the picture for them. This morning I woke wanting to eat some blueberry pancakes. And since it's my sister's birthday, I decided to treat myself (cause of course I need an excuse). I was going to make my traditional pancake mix but then I'll be making 20 pancake just for me. I search online for a recipe for one and I found one that sounded good. I got it from this other blog CupcakeMuffin but of course I altered it a bit. Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1/3 c plain yogurt
1/3 c blueberries (fresh)
1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
1/3 c vanilla soy milk

1. Whisk together the dry ingredient is a bowl.
2. In another bowl mix the egg, yogurt, berries, and oil together with a spoon (so you do not pop the berries).
3. Combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient bowl. Add the soy milk.
4. Heat up a skillet with some butter. Pour 1/3 of the batter and gently spread the batter to create a uniformed layer ( you can add more blue berries at this time if you want). Flip the pancake when bubble appear on the surface of the pancake. When underside is golden remove from skillet onto plate. Recipe makes three pancakes.

To make blueberry syrup. Heat up 1/8 c of maple syrup and a handful of blue berries in the microwave for 30 second. Pour over the pancakes and you'll have a wonderful breakfast for one.

No comments: