Friday, September 10, 2010

Day Thirty

Dear reflection in the mirror,
You are in my past, did you know that. Your image is a few milliseconds younger than me.
I see you every morning; some mornings you are my friend and other times you are my enemy. Who I see in the mirror is not me. You do not look like that person I believe I am in my mind. Years back people used to go their entire life without looking at their reflection, and here I have the opportunity to see you every day, and I can't. It is a reminder of many possibilities of who I could be. A reminder that I am real and that I must live my life to the fullest. I would like to be honest to you. It should be easy to tell one's reflection the truth but I can't. Of all the people I've lied to, you are the only one that I have been the most dishonest to.

~Leli

No comments: